Sunday, May 3, 2009

finally...eh?


What can I say.

Mebbe TM is a lousy monopoly. But that's just stating the obvious. Monopolies monopolise all manner of inefficiencies. But I got to give it to some of their peeps. They do strive to be better.

After two weeks of trying the 100 number, I finally got somebody on the other line. A real person. Not some cold, mechanised voice telling you that all human staff are too busy to even bother. Yana's her name. Answered me call at 7.58am Thursday. Told her about all me misadventures and that am no IT nerd. Guided me through all them checks again and confirmed that the problem was with the modem. Told me that me problem would be solve within 3 working days. I could live with that. After living offline for nearly a month.

To me amazement, at 10am a guy from TM called. Amy's his name. Am at your front gate, he told me on the telephone. Looked like an AF wannabe but worked like a robot. Replaced the modem but still them blinks persisted. Gotta check them cabinets, he said. Me kitchen cabinets? I tried to be funny. I wish, was the reply. So he drove off and an hour later came back and them blinks were gone. And it's still half an hour shy of noon. So it's a combo, said Amy. Me modem and some damaged wirings at the cabinet. Whatever and wherever that was. Drinks? Nah, am working. And he left.

And at 3pm another guy from TM called and asked if everything was to me satisfaction. I didn't get his name as I was startled by this sudden bouts of efficiency. Said yes and fortunately remembered to thank him and hung up. Me Ma would be crossed if I had forgotten to say me thanks.

Got to eat me words some. Guess most peeps from operations and service are swell. And all sales persons are lousy assholes. Especially when they just sit there and expect support from operations, eh Mr G?

So here's to you Yana, Amy and the guy who called back to check on me. Kudos.

And to think that their ex-CEO is now me CEO. Well, it's a small world after all.

No comments: